Avicii's Former Girlfriend: "Untill We Meet Again"

 

Credit: Pinterest

Five years after Avicii's tragic death, Tereza Kačerová shared a touching anecdote that underscores his enduring legacy in the electronic dance music community.

Avicii's influence on the dance music industry and festival culture remains strong even after his passing. Tereza Kačerová, his former girlfriend, shared on Instagram a story from last year's Tomorrowland festival that reminded her of Avicii's lasting legacy.

"I laughed as we showed someone a video of me saying 'anywayyy' and going back to dancing with tears streaming down my face because someone had just played your song... I will literally never in my life not cry at a festival again when they inevitably play one of your bangers," she wrote.

"I was for so long after you died, unable to just focus on how extraordinarily lucky I was to have gotten to spend that much time with you..." she continued. "Now when I think of you I think of how charming it was how wildly creatively talented you were, how you would sit at that piano overlooking the world and just play until melodies 'came to you.'"

Kačerová's explains that Avicii's passing left her unable to move on for quite some time, but she ultimately learned to view her relationship with him from a place of gratitude.

Comments